A report issued this week suggested that disharmony over the choice of ‘music to slice by’ was the cause of distraction and error in the nations operating theatres.
However, the report supressed the shocking musical choices demonstrating the infamous macabre humour of our medical professionals. Fortunately, your Evening Harold is able to provide you with the most popular tracks which are being played whilst you are under the knife.
WARNING: If you are due to have an operation shortly, you may not want to read any further, but this should not stop you sharing the list with your friends. As a precaution we suggest you take your own compilation to the hospital.
- Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd) – a favourite with Anaesthetists.
- Knees Up Mother Brown – often heard in Obstetrics.
- The First Cut is the Deepest – classic!
- If You Want Blood (You’ve got it) – AC/DC’s finest and popular during sex change operations.
- Bleeding Love – see 4.
- Something’s Got a Hold of My Heart – on the playlist at every heart transplant.
- Money, Money, Money – a firm favourite in BUPA Hospitals.
- She’s Gone – for when it all goes wrong, a Hall & Oates song.
- Meat is Murder – Morrissey with his finger on the pulse.
- Another One Bites the Dust – a rousing rocker to finish with.